Apple Pie Baking Contest
October 10 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Bring your mad baking skills and have some fun eating pie! It’s our 5th Annual Baking Contest (well we did have a Covid year in there)
- Amateur bakers only
- All desserts must be made from fresh apples.
- Each pie must be made from scratch and baked in a 9 inch disposable pie pan. Pans will not be returned after the event.
- Pies must be submitted in a disposable, covered box to protect it.
- Please write you name, pie name, and list of ingredients on a recipe card and affix to box. This is required for your entry to be accepted.
- No store-bought pies, crusts, fillings or mixes may be used.
- Pie entries will be accepted from 10 am – 11 am, Oct. 10th, no preregistration is required.
3 Judges will be added soon
- Best TastingTraditional Apple Pie
- Prettiest Apple Pie
- Non-Traditional Apple Dessert
- Best Apple Pie Ages, 12 & Under
- Best Apple Pie, Ages 13 -18
Crust (Color, Texture, Doneness, Flavor)
Filling (Consistency, Doneness, Flavor)
Entries will be scored 1-5 in each of the above criteria. Pies receiving the highest total will win.
The event will take place on Sunday, Oct. 10 from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Please see below for the event itinerary:
10 a.m. – 11 a.m: Pie Drop-Off
11 a.m. – 12:45 p.m: Pie Judging
1 p.m.: Contest Winners Announced
1:30 p.m.: Pie Buffet for Attendees
Pie will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.Entering this event, you acknowledge that your pie will be given to attendees after judging.